- For the purpose of this policy, photography, photographs, and photographers also mean videography, video, and videographer, respectively.
- The purpose of this policy is to provide clear guidelines for photography at Lindy Bout. We want to protect your rights as a photographer, while balancing the spirit of Lindy Bout in providing photographs of the event freely to all participants.
- This policy is supported by the Lindy Bout Code of Conduct. Actions contrary to this Policy or the Lindy Bout Code of Conduct may result in actions taken by the event organizers as outlined in the Lindy Bout Code of Conduct.
- If there are any questions or clarification about this policy, please speak with Lindy Bout Media Coordinator.
Use of Photographs
- You retain all rights to the photographs you create at Lindy Bout, and Lindy Bout will not use your photographs without permission.
- You are encouraged to photograph the event for your own personal use, and to share these images freely for other people’s personal use.
- Lindy Bout is a community event and makes official photographs and video available publicly at no charge. In keeping with the spirit of Lindy Bout, you may not sell photographs taken at Lindy Bout except as outlined below:
- Photographs or the rights to photographs that you have taken may be sold if the sale is initiated by the purchaser (i.e. you are approached by someone to buy a photograph)
- If the photographs you have sold are for non-personal use (i.e. commercial purposes), it is your responsibility to obtain permission to use the likeness of any other person or organization who may be featured or recognizable in the image.
- If the photographs are being used for any publication, or for something really amazing, please let us know; we’d love to hear about it!
- The venue guidelines ensure that the movement or sightlines of judges, staff, volunteers, performers, and competitors are not obstructed.
- Please do not enter or take photographs from the following locations during competitions:
- The area immediately in front of the stage
- Competition Area
- Judges Area
- Sound Booth
- Anywhere that blocks entrances or exits.
- Anywhere that might obstruct the pathway between the competition area and backstage access.
- Please do not move around the immediate perimeter of the competition area to take photographs as it may interfere with with the movement or sightlines of judges, and spectators. Either stay stationary, or move behind the audience if you want to be mobile.
- Please give approximately 1 foot of space behind seated judges during the competitions.
- Please allow the judges, and official Lindy Bout photographers to setup first before you do. Otherwise you may be asked to move.
- Stands (e.g. light stands, tripods, etc.) or external lighting devices (e.g. hot lights, optical or radio triggers, strobes mounted to something other than your camera, etc.) may not be used without permission from the Lindy Bout Media Coordinator.
Last modified January 5, 2016.