Lindy Bout is held in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada. We’ve got mountains, ocean, great dancing, and a beautiful venue!
Lindy Bout takes place in the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō, and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Originally a machine shop dating back to the 1920’s, Performance Works opened on Granville Island in 1992 with a mandate to provide the arts community with a permanent performance venue. Lindy Bout is thrilled to relocate to the arts and culture hub of Granville Island.
Transportation & Parking
Vancouver has a great public transit system. Check out the Translink website for bus and train information. Or, use your smartphone to check out Vancouver Schedules, Fares, Alerts and Trip Planning at m.translink.ca. Many busses, including the 50 and 84 stop a short walk from Granville Island. Performance Works is a 15 minute walk from the 99 B-Line stop at Granville & Broadway.
Driving to Granville Island? Pay parking lots are available on Granville Island, as well as a short walk off the island. Granville Island has unique parking restrictions! Please review the Parking Information on the Granville Island website, and pay particular attention to these restrictions:
- Free parking stalls are available and vehicles are limited to occupy one stall, once per day, and subject to the maximum posted time limit, regardless of the amount of time actually parked in the chosen stall (i.e., 1 minute to 60/180 minutes). When the posted time limit is reached, or you move your vehicle, should you require additional parking during the same day, your vehicle must be parked in a pay parking stall in order to avoid receiving a violation notice.
- Free Parking restrictions are strictly enforced from 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
- Warning!!!! If you violate the parking restrictions, your vehicle will be towed!!!!
Important Information About Sunday
Vancouver Sun Run: April 23rd 2017 - Access to Granville Island will be limited.
Street closures will be in effect on both 4th and 6th Avenues for the Vancouver Sun Run on Sunday, restricting regular access to Granville Island. The Island is still open for business and we want to make sure everyone knows how to get here that morning. Access will be limited from 8:30am until 12:00pm and will affect the following Lindy Bout activities:
- 11:00 - Yoga
- 11:45 - Transcendental Swingeration
- 1:45 - Choreography Competitions
Please plan an alternate travel route to the venue and allow yourself plenty of time to arrive.
The designated alternate route begins at Columbia Street and 1st Avenue and continues west from 1st Avenue to Lamey’s Mill Road. (View map of detour here.)
Note also that local bus access to Granville Island (via the #50) will be unavailable for the morning of April 23rd. The #50 bus will resume service to Granville Island at 2pm and will follow the regular route from downtown Vancouver.
Other options to consider:
- Take a ferry. False Creek Ferries or The Aquabus
- Use the Laurel Street land bridge (from Fairview Slopes across 6th Avenue to Charleson Park) to walk, bike or blade.
- Park south of 6th Ave and access Granville Island via the Laurel Street land bridge.
- Take the 99 B-Line and walk to Granville Island via the Laurel Street land bridge.
- Park west of Burrard and walk to Granville Island along the seawall.
Reminder that the seawall is still closed for upgrades from Foundry Quay to Old Bridge Walk, so pedestrian and cycling detours remain in effect along Lamey’s Mill Road.
For more information call the SUN RUN at 604-689-9441.