Lindy Bout is produced by the British Columbia Vernacular Jazz Dance Society. The Lindy Bout Event Directors, dedicated year-round staff, and fabulous volunteers all work diligently to make Lindy Bout happen.
Contact us at email@example.com.
Event Directors — Stephanie and Eileen
Affectionately known as Bossy Mamma (Stephanie McKernan Taylor) and Bossy Nomad (Eileen Jones), these ladies fell in love with Lindy hop and jazz dance around the turn of the century and first swung out at the historical Vancouver ballrooms, the (original) Legion and St. James Hall.
Comrades in African American vernacular jazz dance, Eileen and Stephanie have had their hands, heads, and hearts in dance communities and events from Vancouver to New York and many places in between. You might recognize them from undertakings and organizations such as the Pinko Swing Collective, Hot Koko, UBC Swing Kids, SFU Swing Club, Fat Bottom Girls, Jungle Swing Productions, Rhythm City Swing, Girlnacular Jazz, Sax and Candy, Toronto Lindy Hop, Lindy Hop Revolution, Bees Knees Dance, Frankie 100, and of course past Lindy Bouts.
Bossy Mama resides in Toronto with her children and husband, still teaching and organizing. Bossy Nomad now calls Vancouver home, but is still known to explore remote places along BC’s coast and elsewhere.
Our Fabulous Team
- Geoff Oakham — Bossy Beancounter and Online Registration Chief
- Laura Avelino — Admin Wonderwoman
- Sofia Avelino — Food & Drink Fanatic
- Doug Barber — Decorations Demigod
- Mary Jean Cameron — Venue Magician
- Amy Farabakhsh — Admin Wonderwoman
- Jasmine Farabakhsh — Admin Wonderwoman
- Johnna Gurgel — Communications Compadre
- Stacy Ivanovic — Food & Drink Fanatic
- Annie Liang — Decorations Demigod
- Justin Lee — Media Mogul
- Lindsay Leong — Decorations Demigod
- Tanya Lyons — Money Wizard
- Lisa Marks — Design Maven
- Brian MacDonald — Videography Vicount
- Jean-Michel Oblette — Housing Savant
- Liana Stammers — Volunteer Superstar
- Kaitlin Russell — Safer Spaces Coordinator
- Jason Yourk — Match Maker
Another thank you to the following events for their support and love:
Interested in volunteering? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.