Kids at Lindy Bout
Lindy Bout has a long history of welcoming children at the event — and we love the energy that kids bring! The Event Directors are parents, and our own kids are going to be at Lindy Bout XV.
But! While Lindy Bout is a family-friendly event, it is not expressly designed for children. Please keep this in mind if you are considering bringing your children.
- All minors should be accompanied by a guardian at all times.
- You are responsible for the safety of your child(ren).
- Your child may be photographed at the event and photos may be published publicly. See the “Photography” section of our waiver for more information.
We’re going to have family-friendly programming during the daytimes and we would love to see your families. You can purchase a Kids Pass for your child(ren) that will provide entry to all daytime events.
- Purchase a Kids Pass here: https://lindyboutxv-kids.dancecamps.org/
- Kids Passes are for minors 1-18 years old.
- Kids Passes cost $25 and provide entry to all daytime events only.
- If you want to bring your child(ren) to the evening dances, please contact us.
If your child plans to compete in the Short & Sweet or Mapleweight, they need a Kids Pass. If your child plans to compete in any other matches (e.g. a partner draw), normally they need to have an Event Pass. Please contact us if this is a barrier to participation.
Activities for Kids
Granville Island is a great place for children. In addition to enjoying Lindy Bout programming, here are some suggested activities for kids:
- Parent and Tot Gym at the False Creek Community Centre, ages 0-6. M/W/F 9:30-12:30, Sun 9:30-11:45. $1 per child.
- Granville Island Kids Market.
- The Adventure Zone and other activities in the Kids Market.
- Playgrounds in Railspur Park and nearby Charleson Park.
- Watch the cement mixers and bustle at Ocean Concrete.
- Ride the Aquabus or False Creek Ferries.
- Head off island and visit Science World, the Vancouver Aquarium, and Stanley Park. If you’re interested in a kid-friendly hike, our top recommendation is Lighthouse Park (but be mindful of cliffs in some areas of the park).