The following rules apply to all matches at Lindy Bout XI.
The Lindy Bout Bossies are the organizers of this event. Final decisions on all matters pertaining to the matches rest solely with the organizers.
The Lindy Bout organizers reserve the right to rearrange the schedule and match formats. Any changes will be noted on this website if they occur before Lindy Bout XI, or will be announced by the emcee if they occur during the event.
- All competitors must hold an Event Pass for Lindy Bout XI. Participants with a Dance-Only Pass are not eligible to compete.
- Competitors must have paid all Match fees. Note that Match fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your spot in a Match is not secured until we have received full payment.
- Finalists and Champions will be determined via relative placement.
- Preliminary rounds will be danced in an all-skate format. Final rounds will be danced in a combined all-skate and spotlight format to a live band. The exception to this is the Interregional Match which will be danced to all djed music.
- Cash prizes and event passes will be awarded to the Champions; the amount of prize money awarded is proportional to the number of competitors in each Match.
- The judges will be looking for the best dancing with your partner, dancing with the music (musicality) and that special pizzazz that makes you stand out in the crowd.
- In the choreography Matches, dancers will be judged on the creativity of their choreography, their dance technique, and their performance quality.
- Decorative, colourful and/or vintage attire is not mandatory, but it greatly enhances the way you look while you are competing, and we strongly encourage it.